Food Services at St. Paul's Hospital
Patients, family, visitors and employees are welcome to visit any of the following retail food service outlets:
- St. Paul's Hospital Cafeteria: Located in A Wing on Level 0 (basement). Hours: 8:30 am - 6:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Closed Statutory HolidaysOur cafeteria offers a variety of breakfast and coffee break items including, fresh fruit, freshly baked items, muffins/toast, eggs and bacon/sausage. At lunch and dinner, we are proud to offer soup, hot entrees, dessert and hot and cold beverages and our very own Choices Deli Bar - have a sandwich made the way you like it!
- Tim Hortons: Located in B Wing on the Main Floor. Hours: 6am - 10pm 7 days per week (except holidays)
- Vending Machines:
- At Emergency: Snack, Soft Drink Machines
- In the 5th Floor Lounge Area: Snack, Soft Drink Machines
- Downstairs in the Cafeteria: frozen entrees and treats, snacks and soft drink machine.
Patient Food Services
Nutritious, good-tasting foods are an important part of our patient's stay. The Department of Food and Nutrition Services works hard to ensure that patient's meals meet their needs and food preferences. We provide a wide range of food items for patients requiring special diets. Patients are encouraged to select their food by choosing from a daily menu.
- Menu Selection: The menu for the following day is delivered on your breakfast tray. You are encouraged to make your own menu choices and return the menu on your breakfast tray. Please circle your selections on the menu. You may order half or double portion sizes. The menu items you choose may need to be adjusted depending on your diet order, and at times substitutions may be necessary. If you require assistance in completing your menus a Food & Nutrition Services staff member will be glad to help you.
- Nourishment Centre: In order to better serve you during your stay, there is a nourishment centre located on your ward that is stocked with food and beverages for you between meals. Please ask one of your health care providers for assistance.
- Food Allergies & Special Diets: If you are on a special diet, have food allergies or intolerances, please inform your nurse or other health care provider as soon as possible. You may also leave comments on your marked menu that will be reviewed by a Food & Nutrition Services staff member.
- Special Occasions: Arrangements for birthdays, anniversaries, and other special occasions can be made by calling the Food and Nutrition Services General Office at your site.
- Quality Assurance: Quality control measures are in place in order to ensure patient satisfaction. Food and Nutrition Services staff members continually audit food temperatures and tray accuracy.